Development Intern Job Description
Under the direction of the Development Associate, the intern will observe and assist with planning of and implementation of various projects as they pertain to Savannah Philharmonic’s donor base. Interns will have the opportunity to improve general communication skills, the understanding of inner workings of a nonprofit arts organization, knowledge of planning and executing events, Donor, Sponsor and Patron intake procedures and general customer service skills. The internship will require approximately 10-15 hours per week.
- Data entry & database management.
- Assistance with Donor communication and outreach.
- Assistance with Donor and Sponsor Benefit fulfillment.
- Assistance with sorting and assembly of mailings.
- Assistance in the management of the Savannah Philharmonic Shop.
- Assistance with event planning support activities and day-of support activities.
- Assembly of materials for various initiatives.
- Assistance with meeting preparations and other duties as assigned.
Preferred requirements / special skills
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Arts Administration, Public Administration, Communications, Marketing, Hospitality, or another related field.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Detail-oriented, creative thinker with a passion for organizational Development and community outreach.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to work proactively, manage multiple projects, and perform under project deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal (including phone work) and written communication skills.
- Reliable transportation and an active driver’s license.
Internships are un-paid positions. Students desiring academic credit for their internship must arrange it with their academic institution. To correspond with class or work, interns can arrange flexible schedules between weekday hours of 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Assistance with Concert weekends will be necessary.