The Savannah Philharmonic Orchestra, recognized as one of the finest per-service orchestras in the Southeast region, is preparing to launch its 12th season. The City of Savannah is the oldest city in Georgia, with a metro population of just under 400,000 and welcoming 13 million tourists every year. The Philharmonic presents a season of eight classic concerts plus Pops, Holiday Performances, Runouts, Young People’s Concerts, and many successful education & outreach programs.
The Savannah Philharmonic is governed by a 24-member Board of Directors, with five full-time staff and three part-time employees. Its annual operating budget is generally $1.1 million. The Executive Director will work in close collaboration with Music & Artistic Director Keitaro Harada, who is represented by Columbia Artists. Harada maintains a growing, international presence throughout North America, Asia, Mexico, and Europe. His broad scope of musical interest is in symphonic, opera, chamber works, pops, film scores, ballet, education, outreach, and multi-disciplinary projects leading to diverse and eclectic programming.
- Vision: Develop a creative vision in partnership with the Music & Artistic Director for how to execute the strategic growth plan that the Board has set for the SPO. Ensure that this vision is being communicated to the orchestra, staff, Board and the public in a dynamic and inspiring way.
- Community Engagement: Lead the engagement of all constituencies of the broader Savannah community in SPO programming, in collaboration with the Music & Artistic Director and Board.
- Organizational Management: Ensure that the SPO is staffed with the roles and skill sets required to achieve the growth goals set by the Board.
- Organizational Culture: Champion a collegial and collaborative workplace environment that empowers staff, musicians & contractors to successfully use and expand their professional expertise.
- Board Relations: Inspire and activate the Board as advocates for the SPO, through a clearly communicated vision and streamlined messaging tools. Partner with the board and its committees to ensure sound stewardship of the organization.
- Public Representation: Advocate for the SPO as a highly visible, engaging, and networked member of the broader Savannah community.
- Financial Management: Maintain the fiscal health of the SPO through rigorous financial acuity, responsibility and oversight.
- Revenue Growth: Identify opportunities to increase earned income through expanded audience engagement & growth.
- Development: Oversee and expand all development initiatives & continuously identify new funding opportunities with current donors, new prospects, and government agencies. Implement effective communication tools and processes to ensure a consistent donor & messaging experience with the SPO.
- Marketing & PR: Plan and execute marketing communications / public relations outreach, across all relevant channels, with special attention to what methodologies are most effective in a market / region like Savannah.
- At least 5-7 years of senior arts administration experience, the majority of that time with a performing arts / orchestra organization.
- Experience setting strategic initiatives, ability to run cost/benefit analysis, and build & successfully manage budgets.
- Proven track record of sustained success in achieving development / fundraising goals through community engagement and donor outreach.
- Strong managerial experience with sales, marketing communications & PR. The ideal candidate will have a strong familiarity with and understanding of social media channels, metrics, and current best practices for driving engagement.
- Experience staffing, motivating, and leading effective teams, whether staff, contractors, or volunteers, to achieve program and organizational goals.
- A collaborative outlook, with strong interpersonal and communication skills. An enjoyment of being a connector in the community.
- Knowledge of and passion for orchestral music, including the music of our time.
The Savannah Philharmonic is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.