Job Title: Music Librarian
Position: Part-Time Hourly plus per service fee for rehearsals and performances
Reports To: Director of Artistic Operations
Indirect Report To: Music and Artistic Director
Purpose of the Position: The Music Librarian is the caretaker of the music/scores and issues related to the music/scores for the Savannah Philharmonic. Responsibilities include the maintenance of the music library, purchasing and/or renting the music and scores for each season’s repertoire, and the preparation and distribution of the music for each concert cycle.
- Maintain the Library and Library Catalogue to reflect purchases
- Obtain rental, purchase, and performance quotes for the Director of Artistic Operations and the Music and Artistic Director
- Order music in a timely manner for each season’s concerts
- Work directly with the Director of Artistic Operations and Music and Artistic Director to determine any works not in public domain that will be streamed, filmed, or recorded in order to obtain the appropriate rights and permissions
- Preparation and distribution of music (including bowings) and scores for each concert
- Clean up and return of all music following each concert set ensuring that rentals are returned quickly and neatly
- Be at all rehearsals and concerts to ensure that music needs are handled quickly and professionally
Significant knowledge of orchestral music and performance rights.
Desired Personal and Professional Skills:
- Very strong organizational skills with great attention to details Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to relate easily and effectively with people within and outside of the organization
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects and tasks at once ● Positive attitude and high attention to organizational professionalism
Qualifications: At least 2 years of professional orchestral experience.
To apply for this position please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Savannah Philharmonic is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
There are no orchestra auditions at this time.
The audition is a chance for our Chorus Director to hear your voice and assess your fit into the Chorus. It will consist of singing a major scale and a phrase from a well-known tune (e.g. “My Country Tis of Thee”, or “The Star-Spangled Banner”), a cappella. A short rhythm and sight singing exercise will follow, closing with a couple of music theory questions.
Audition Dates/Locations: TBD