Join the Savannah Philharmonic Chorus
Who are the singers in the Chorus?
We are computer professionals, homemakers, teachers, sales representatives, doctors, nurses, students, artists, retirees, and consultants. We live in downtown Savannah, Tybee Island, Richmond Hill, The Landings, and many other unique Savannah neighborhoods. And we all love to sing! The Chorus ranks include an array of experience levels, and with designated section leaders and vocal coaching available, the Philharmonic Chorus is a great place to develop your voice.
- Perform at the Lucas Theatre, The Johnny Mercer Theatre, and other special venues, with Maestro Keitaro Harada and the Philharmonic Orchestra
- Learn great choral masterworks and new commissions
- Join a diverse, welcoming community
- Develop your singing voice
- Meet new friends
- Volunteer opportunities as Phil Ambassadors
Tuesdays 7 pm – 9 pm
Savannah Arts Academy
500 Washington Ave, Savannah, GA 31405
The audition is a chance for our Chorus Master to hear your voice and assess your fit into the Chorus. It will consist of singing a major scale and a phrase from a well-known tune (e.g. “My Country Tis of Thee”, or “The Star-Spangled Banner”), a cappella. A short rhythm and sight singing exercise will follow, closing with a couple of music theory questions.
All auditions are held at:
The Collegiate Church of St. Paul the Apostle (St. Paul’s Episcopal)
1802 Abercorn Street, Savannah, GA 31401
Clicking on the link will take you to a shared Google doc where you can then click in an empty box beside your desired time slot and enter your name.
Current Chorus Singers
Tuesday, August 27 6 pm – 9:15 pm
Tuesday, September 3 6 pm – 9 pm
New Chorus Singers
Saturday, September 7 10 am – 2 pm
Saturday, September 14 10 am – 2 pm
Saturday, January 4 10 am – 2 pm
Intern with Savannah Philharmonic
The Savannah Philharmonic is offering internships that provide applicants first-hand knowledge and experience in non- profit arts organization management and operations. Each internship offers the opportunity for school credit. Students are responsible for making arrangements with their schools to receive credit. View available opportunities below:
- Summer internship application deadline- June 15th
- Fall internship application deadline- August 1st
- Winter Internship application deadline- October 15th Winter Internship Deadline Extended To January 18th
- Spring internship application deadline- January 31st
To apply for these internships, please send an email to email@example.com with the internship title and semester or quarter you are applying for in the subject line. Applicants should submit the following in one e-mail:
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- (1) Recent writing sample
- (1) letter of Recommendation
- A cover letter explaining:
- What you hope to gain from this experience
- What you feel you can contribute to your chosen department
- How this internship will impact your education and career plans
Note: If your skills and qualifications are compatible for a current opening we will contact you for an interview. Please do not call or e-mail directly.
Savannah Philharmonic is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and an Equal Opportunity Employer.